After rethinking the weight distribution, I have decided to place the engine and gas tank along the center line, instead of both against the aft bulkhead. Also I am sinking the gas tank into the floor. This will require making a box withing frames 7-9. The first picture is a mock up of the proposed plan. I will have to route the gas fill tube through the engine space to the side.
Here is first looks at redesign.
These are the measures for the main hull and the bow. For the nose piece I printed out a full scall of the curve and traced it on the board before I cut it at the bandsaw.
These are pictures of the nose piece construction.
Pocket Holes will be the main method I will use to connect the wood. It places the screw to enter the board dead center, and pulls the other piece of wood tight.
Bow frames constructed and in place with nose piece stringers. Had to extend the guide support to hold frame 3.
Decided to add edge supports to give the sides more strength. I felt I might snap one of the frames sides off accidently if they were not supported.
One side done. Not sure if you can tell but frame 1 supports are inset about 1 inch. Kept checking the drawings and could not find where I was in error. Remeasured the frame and found I had cut the slot one inch off center. Replaced that board and everything lines up nicely. After looking at the boat, will add supports along bottom of side as well, this will give the side plywood a good spot to be screwed into. I look at the boat and hope I am not over compensating the sides depth. Last boat had a hull depth of 18" and was riding only about 4" out of the water. So doubled the hull depth.
Below is the same piece, but with the misposition piece. The piece that was placed wrong was along the aft bulkhead, more or less the first piece placed on. It caused the frames to be 1.5" further in than they should have been.
Framing done. Will start next week putting on the chines and battens. Layed a chine along the side and found did not bend well. After looking at drawings again, could not find any error. So back at the boat I noticed I had missplaced a part, and once reinstalled correctly everything fell nicely into place.
Below is the new draft plans. Since I am redrawing the boat, I will not notch most of the side frames. Instead of using gussets everywhere, I found a new jig to make pocket holes. Will show picture of that later. While in the mock up, I have decided I want 3' inner side walls, so will be increasing the hull to be 3'6" deep.